Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Perfect Song

                                                   Old School Picture (17 Years Ago)
                                                                   Zach And I 1993 School Dance


I was downloading music last night and I came across this song that Ive always loved. It reminds me of Zach and I most of the lyrics really hit home and are so much like our life when were younger and growing up. Like the part when she talks about the daddy's talking about there weddings only it was our moms when we were about 6. Ill never forget when Zach and I started finally dating I was at his house in the kitchen with Debbie (his mom) and she said you know Kristin your mother and I always said that you and Zach would be together it was only a matter of time. I remember back in early 2003 me and Dustin broke up (the Ex) Zach was there for the whole thing he was always there for me when the other one wasn't. He told my Mom it was only just a matter of time I knew they would break up and I would just sweep in I still laugh at that day from that point on we were inseparable and together ever since. Who would of thought we would have been or gone through so much. Hes my rock. Anyway that was just a little glimpse of our life. Now the song I love it and its perfect.
                                                               
Taylor Swift (Marys Song)                     


 She said, 'I was seven and you were nine

I looked at you like the stars that shined

In the sky, the pretty lights'

'And our daddies used to joke about the two of us

Growing up and falling in love

And our momma smiled and rolled their eyes'

And said, 'Oh, my, my, my'

Take me back to the house in the backyard trees

Said you would beat me up, you were bigger then me

You never did, you never did

Take me back when our world was one lot bad

I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried

Just two kids, you and I, oh, my, my, my, my

Well, I was sixteen when suddenly

I wasn't that little girl you used to see

But your eyes still shined like pretty lights

And our daddies used to joke about the two of us

They never believed we really fall in love

And our momma smiled and rolled their eyes

And said, 'Oh, my, my, my'

Take me back to the creek that's reaching dark

Two A.M, riding in your truck

Yet all I need is here next to me

Take me back to the time we had our very first fight

Slamming our doors instead of kissing goodnight

You stayed outside 'til the morning light, oh, my, my, my, my

A few years ago when comin' around

We were sitting at our favorite spot in town

Then you looked at me, got down on one knee

Take me back to the time when we walked down the aisle

Our whole town came and our mommas cried

You said, 'I do' and I did too

Take me home when we met so many years before

Where we rock our babies on the very front porch

After all this time, you and I



When I'll be 87 you'll be 89

I'll still look at you like the stars that shine

In the sky, oh, my, my, my                                                          

                                                                 

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture!! Your mom use to tell me that all of the time too! Now that I am a mom, I have learned ... Moms DO know what they are talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete